Over the years, the Henry County Historical Society has acquired books, maps, documents, records and other objects to fulfill the historical society’s purpose. Due to the growing collection, two sites have been accepted for preservation, are maintained and are now opened on a regular basis.
The Log cabin, circa 1860, which sat on the banks of the Maumee River, along County Road Z, was donated by the Harmon family. The Immanuel Lutheran One-Room Schoolhouse built in 1897, which sat at St. Rt. 109 and County Road H near Hamler, was donated by the Immanuel Lutheran Congregation. Both structures now sit at the Henry County Fairgrounds, St. Rt. 108, Napoleon. They are open during the Henry County Fair and the Napoleon Fall Festival, or by scheduled appointment. Contact Henry Wiemken at 419-758-3262.
The Dr. Bloomfield Home and Carriage house, circa 1879, is located at the corner of West Clinton and Webster streets in Napoleon.Both buildings have been restored to their original splendor of the Victorian era. The first floor of the home was finished in mid-2002, and the rest of the home, the carriage house and the gardens were completed by summer 2009. The home and carriage house are open to the public the second and fourth Sundays of the month, May through September, from 2:00 to 4:00 pm, and during special events, or by appointment. For more information, contact Rose Wiemken at 419-758-3262.
|©2017 Henry County Historical Society|